The Jumping Bean Bag Programme
I would like to introduce you to The Jumping Bean Bag (JBB) – a programme of exercises, action songs and activities designed to teach co-ordination and key motor skills with confidence and to promote social, personal as well as physical development. With classroom resources to support using physical activities to deliver across the curriculum. PRICE LIST available by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The JBB programme can be used:
- at the start of the day as a Wake up to Learning 10—min exercise;
- as a complete scheme of work for PE,
- as an extra-curricular activity, at Breakfast Club or after school and
- as a rainy-day play/unsupervised activity.
Resources to Support Learning:
- The JBB Story Sack which enables schools/nurseries to meet the EYFS target “to involve parents in the development of their child”.
- The Story Sack includes DVD, 2x BEANY, 4x Story books, Diary, stickers and a guide book for parents. It can also include the 7-Day Bean Bag Challenge suitable for all the family to have a go at!
Other JBB resources include:
- Bespoke Workshops; 10-min Bite-sized Exercise Programme (set of 10); Warm Up Rhymes (set of 12); Lesson Plans; 4 separate Story books; DVD; BEANY, the bean bag; 7-day Bean Bag Challenge; Fun Fit and Physical Activity Cards; Stickers; Colouring-in sheets; and on-going monthly support.
Jumping Bean Bag has evolved over the last 20 years. In addition to meeting physical attainment targets, JBB now helps develop language, numeracy, social and emotional skills, an understanding of health and spatial awareness, as set out in the EYFS (May 2012) for children aged 3 – 7 yrs.
The Jumping Bean Bag Club Training /Workshops
- To meet CPD requirements; support/training for newly qualified teachers; offer an introduction (with continuing support) to delivering Jumping Bean Bag activities / programmes in schools and nurseries.
- Can be tailored to suit an individual school or cluster group; can be specific to Jumping Bean Bag or more generic – particularly for newly-qualified teachers who have recently completed a PGCE and have little or no experience in delivering physical activity sessions to large groups (20+).
One-Day workshop options include:
- Organising and Delivering Physical Activity Sessions for children aged 3 – 7 years
- Sports Day without Tears
- Evidence based research – Using physical activities to deliver outstanding lessons to create better learners:
- Progressions and Adaptations – working with SENs and Learning Support
- Jumping Bean Bag and Have A Ball Programmes: understanding and working with JBB. Using JBB as a scheme of work /wake up to learning / extra-curricular/ unsupervised play.
If you would like to know more about us, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone: 07976 084894/9